Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Winter Solstice!

Today at 12:47 PM, don't come knocking on our door. We'll be locked in the basement.
It's time once again for me to force nature on the kids by making them celebrate what I think should be a holiday.
Our winter solstice tradition has been, in the past, to drink hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows which is all well and good, but as usual, I am feeling like I need to bump things up a notch.
A read an article in some chicky magazine that I don't really care for about the ways that women celebrate certain things. One very wise woman celebrates the winter solstice by turning off all of the lights and having an entire evening by candlelight.
Sounds romantic. But I'll bet my bottom dollar she doesn't have 3 small kids.
So I'm putting them together, my old idea and her storybook one, and at 12:47 PM we'll be in the dark of the basement, drinking hot chocolate by candlelight.

A very happy winter solstice it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment