Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Do tadpoles like fish food?

A friend called today saying that their pool cover was full of tadpoles and asked if I wanted any.
Well, duh. Of course I do!
Last year we found a gobblety goo of eggs in the pond at Getaway Acres and successfully hatched them into tadpoles, but then I think I left them in the wrong place and they all baked in the sun a little too long. So we never saw any frogs.
But this time is different!
We picked up our tadpoles today and currently have them sitting on the kitchen counter, where any tadpole should surely thrive. I am planning on some web and book research tonight, but in the meantime I went ahead and sprinkled a tiny bit of betta fish food in the bowl. They went after it, but I saw one tiny little tadpole with a pellet in his mouth sinking slowly to the bottom... A tap on the side brought him to, but still I wonder if I'm going to wake up to a bowl of dead tadpoles. Thankfully I've got a son who really likes to dig holes and a garden that just might like a little natural fertilizer...

2 comments:

  1. Your posted was well informative, that every person who read or see this will get knowledge about you posted. you made a great job for this and thank you for sharing your taughts on us..More power!

    care for discus fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! does that mean they died!?

    ReplyDelete